Are you tired of lugging around your big, heavy garden hose only to have it kink up?
Or maybe you’re tired of dragging your hose indoors after every time you use it so it doesn’t rot in the sun from UV damage.
Perhaps your dog loves chewing on your hose, mice attacked it in your garage, or you ran over it with your lawn mower because the kids left it in the middle of the lawn.
A stainless steel garden hose can solve all of these problems for you!
Stainless steel hoses are durable, lightweight, and kink free. If you’re ready to say goodbye to your old, heavy hose, discover the best stainless steel garden hoses today.
This post includes affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission on purchases made at no additional cost to you.
Stainless steel garden hose reviews
In a hurry? Here are our favorite stainless steel garden hoses:
The SPECILITE Stainless Steel Garden Hose is our top pick. It lives up to the expectations of a stainless steel garden hose. The strong metal outer sheath keeps the inner hose safe from the elements.
You have peace of mind with this stainless steel garden hose because of their no hassle 12 month guarantee. Most of the ruptures occur within the first 3 months anyways, so you’ll have more than enough time to file your claim. Most people report a pleasant experience with customer service.
The one drawback is the small inner diameter. The inner diameter is only 3/8 inch, which can lead to lower than expected water flow volume.
😃 This is the highest rated stainless steel hose
😖 Small inner diameter like all other stainless steel hoses
- Metal garden hose, made of the 304 stainless steel, It will not break, crack or leak, come with the 10 ways spray nozzle,
- 50ft flexible metal garden hose. non-kinking and tangle, lightweight, wear resistance and corrosion resistance,
- High quality 10 ways spray nozzle, SHOWER, CONE, JET, SOAKER, ANGLE, MIST,1/2VERT, CENTER, FULL, FLAT.
The Bionic Stainless Steel Garden Hose is another highly rated metal garden hose. With over 5000 reviews, this hose has substantial social proof behind it.
Flow rate is not a problem with this hose because it has a large inner diameter. You can water your plants quickly or wash your car with ease using this hose.
Still not convinced? Here is another reviewer who’s 100′ hose does not snag on anything, he also says “I will NEVER go back to a traditional rubber hose having enjoyed my backyard watering chores so much with this metal hose.“
As with most of the stainless steel hoses, this one comes with a one year warranty. Some customers have reported ruptures early in the life of the hose, but were able to get a replacement after sending a photo of the leak.
😃 Large Inner Diameter, 5/8 inch
😃 Extremely lightweight, only 3 lbs
😖 Many reports of customers experiencing ruptures
- ULTRA DURABLE – our hoses are constructed from a commercial-grade 30.4 stainless steel that is extremely durable, doesn’t rust, is resistant to...
- FLEXIBLE & LIGHTWEIGHT – the unique interlocking flex design is extremely flexible & easy to maneuver around tight corners, trees and other...
- WEATHERPROOF – the Bionic Steel Hose has been built to withstand extreme conditions– from sub-zero temperatures, the hose can be frozen in a block...
The Tardigrade Stainless Steel Garden Hose is another well made hose. Many reviewers regard it as the ‘Best hose they ever had.’ Its light weight construction makes it a great candidate for older people. Even the 100 foot length glides easily over the yard and never kinks.
Here is the confession of an older customer who says “I am a 76 yr old female and have a large yard. This hose has been a life saver!!” At only 5.19 lbs, this hose is incredibly light.
You should not experience reduced water flow with this hose because it has a larger 5/8″ inner diameter. Now you can enjoy the benefits of a full sized hose and with metal sheath protection.
The one drawback is there are numerous complaints of the hose developing leaks from wear and tear over a long period of time. Depending on the use of the hose, it can develop leaks over time just as other hoses do.
😃 Large inner diameter, 5/8 inch. Will not experience restricted water flow when compared to a traditional hose.
😖 11% 1-star reviews, one of the most disliked
- Tardigrade Steel Hose (50') 304 Stainless Steel Garden Hose - Compare it to other as seen on tv products - Our metal garden hose is Lightweight,...
- RESILIENT FLEXIBLE DESIGN, NO KINK GARDEN HOSE – Tardigrade Steel Hose is flexible enough to keep working in any condition and will never tangle or...
- PUNCTURE AND ANIMAL PROOF – Puncture Proof, Weather Proof, Thorn Proof, Dog Proof, Kink Proof, Leak Proof, Tear Proof, Weather Proof – The one...
The FOREVER Stainless Steel Garden Hose is a very popular brand because of it’s ‘As Seen On TV’ label. The claims are true, it is puncture and cut resistant, kink free, and made of heavy duty stainless steel.
The 30-day money back guarantee is real, here is one customer who was helped out by customer service because of a defective product, “Had a leak with first one I purchased and customer service helped me out!”
The main drawback is the smaller inner diameter, around 1/4 inch. However, his customer says that’s not really an issue for most uses: “My only minor complaint is the inner diameter of the hose is smaller than a normal hose so the pressure isn’t quite as good, but it’s still good enough for what I use it for.” (read full review here)
Though this is one of the most disliked hoses, 13% 1-star ratings, you also have to remember this is one of the most marketed stainless steel hoses so it is going to have more dissent brought towards it. It just so happens this hose is much more popular than all the rest so of course it will get more negative publicity, too.
😃 Provides sturdy protection from the elements in its stainless steel sheath
😃 Great Customer Service
😖 Smaller inner diameter than most stainless steel hoses so you may see reduced water flow
- PREMIUM STEEL HOSE – Our 50’ “As Seen On TV” metal garden hose is constructed with a highly durable, UV resistant, commercial-grade 304...
- ADVANCED FLEX RIDGE DESIGN – Forever Steel Hoses flex ridge design is engineered with user flexibility in mind, allowing you to work in any...
- HANDLES ANY WEATHER - Designed specifically for being left out for long periods of time, the Forever Hose can sit in the sun all day and still stay...
The BEAULIFE Stainless Steel Garden Hose has beautiful brass ends which ensure a tight fit and a 100% rust proof hose. The easy to use hand tightening collar makes for a quick installation. This easy installing collar makes this hose a great choice for older homeowners and people with hand difficulties.
This is a really well liked stainless steel hose. With 75% 5-star ratings, it is hard to go wrong with this one. This hose weighs in at just over 5 lbs, making it a breeze to setup, drag around the yard, and put away.
Like most stainless steel hoses there is some variation in the quality of the hoses. There are a few reports of leaks from the hose, this is a problem having to do with stainless steel hoses in general.
😃 Easy to install because of the hand tightening collar
😃 Brass ends ensure a 100% rust proof hose
😖 Small inner diameter than a “regular” garden hose
- [304 METAL GARDEN HOSE] - Made of premium quality heavy duty 304 stainless steel, so it won't break under high pressure. The metal design gives...
- [SOLID FITTINGS] - Adopted with reinforced hose joint, it will not break, crack, leak or corrode for the strongest durability. The raised surface...
- [BRASS GARDEN HOSE NOZZLE] – Heavy-duty solid brass construction with a proven leak proof design. Twisting barrel adjusts water from fine mist spray...
How to repair a stainless steel hose
There is no super simple way to repair a stainless steel hose, but it is possible. The best solution we found is the one shown in the video below.
The method involves cutting your hose and removing the leaking section of the hose with a hacksaw. Then you mend the hose back together. First the inner hose and then the outer metal section. Keep reading for the exact items you’ll need.
Most of the Stainless Steel hoses have an Inner Diameter of 3/8″, therefore the Vaper Hose Mender should do the trick.
Use this to join the two inner latex hoses. Do not apply the clamps because then you will not be able to put the metal sheath back over the hose. Use a flexible adhesive, such as Loctite, to ensure no water makes it out of the joint.
Then apply aluminum tape to mend the stainless steel. You should now have a fully functioning salvaged stainless steel hose.
- 2 INCH BY 70 Yards - 33% MORE THAN THE COMPETITION! - Made in a Beautiful Silver Metal Finish.
- INCREDIBLY RESISTANT - Easily Resists Moisture, UV Rays, Flames, Chemicals, and Performs well in any type of Weather!
- PERFECT FOR SEALING AIR DUCTS - Designed to easily seal HVAC Air Ducts as well as another other Hot or Cold Intakes.
Why a Stainless Steel Garden Hose
Stainless steel garden hoses solve some problems posed by the two other types of hoses available on the market today: conventional rubber hoses and expandable garden hoses.
One of the major problems with a conventional rubber hose is the deterioration of the hose when exposed to the elements. The stainless steel garden hose prevents this problem by keeping the inner hose material from exposure to the sun. Some even claim they won’t freeze till below -10 degrees Celsius.
Expandable garden hoses have their own set of problems. One major issue is that expandable garden hoses have a fabric exterior which catches on concrete and can tear the material. Stainless steel hoses may scuff up a bit on concrete but it will take a lot of dragging for the metal exterior to give way.
The other great thing about stainless steel garden hoses is they are kink free. The metal body does not allow the hose to ever kink unless it is subjected to extreme force to do so. This is obviously a benefit far above those of a rubber or expandable hose.
Problems with stainless steel hoses
Stainless steel hoses do have some drawbacks.
First is the small inner diameter. This can severely restricts the flow of water. Where as most garden hoses have an inner diameter of 5/8 inch, stainless steel garden hoses usually come in a 3/8 inch inner diameter.
The smaller hose diameter causes a reduced flow but it is not a deal breaker. You are still able to wash your car and water the garden effectively.
The other common problem is leaks. Since the actual hose membrane is inside of the metal sheath, it is subject to lots of rubbing from the metal which can cause the material to develop leaks.
Repairing a stainless steel hose is another drawback. These hoses do not lend themselves to easy repairs. Though, to be fair, expandable hoses are also difficult to repair.
If the leak is somewhere near the ends of the hose, the repair is much more difficult than what we stated in this post, because you’ll need specialty tools which will cost you more than a replacement hose.
Although we’re not currently using a stainless steel hose for our lawn and garden, we do use one for our propane hot water heater and camping shower. It hasn’t given us any trouble (knock on wood!) and is delightfully easy to use.
Angel is a Cuban immigrant who grew up with backyard chickens and a yard-loving abuela. He is our “gear guy” who can never have too many pairs of gloves or weed whacker attachments.